Choosing the Right Property
Buying a home is one of the biggest financial decisions you will make in your lifetime. To ensure that there are no regrets in the future, good planning is key.
Here are our top tips for buying a property.
- Keep in contact. By keeping in regular contact with your NQ SALES area specialist we will be able to notify you when properties come onto the market and keep you informed of current market trends.
- Speak with your financier to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
- Select a short list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, keeping in mind your affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Learn as much as you can about the current market value of properties in your preferred area. The Sydney Morning Herald Price Guide, the SOLD sections of websites such as realestate.com.au and domain.com.au are good sources of this information. Another good indicator can be comparing the asking price of homes currently on the market to the homes that you are interested in.
- Do your due diligence. Be well informed about the services offered by solicitors, conveyancers, mortgage brokers and loan providers. Shop around until you find one that you feel completely comfortable with.
- Consider all legal aspects to buying a property. These include various types of contracts and agreements. Be sure to read everything carefully before you sign and make sure you fully understand all of the legal terms.
- Do not rush - this is one of the most significant financial decisions you will make, you will want to be sure you choose the right property.